This has been my last Rx antenna project, kept me busy for several months and it should have been “the definitive solution”.
I wrote five PDF papers with full documentation.
In “Rx_4-square_part_1” I put tables and Eznec plots used to get the best design of the array
In “Rx_4-square_part_2” there are many pictures and building details
In “Rx_4-square_part_3” we see the array completed and the first tests.
In “Rx 4-square part 4” I added the documentation of some last changes.
Lately I cut off the 2 m. tips (above the top loading wires) thought to be useless, thus reducing the elements height from 9.5 to 7.5 meters, and had to adjust again the base loading resistors until reaching 75 ohms and X = 0 on each antenna. After fine tuning of the T-attenuators, the Front to Back rose to 30 dB.
Final tests and evaluation of the array can be found in this PDF file “Rx antenna tests”